I've been excited about...
...hosting a "Party for a Cause"...my name for the jewelry party that I'll have with items from Haitian artisans at the Apparent Project. (typically I hate the concept of any sort of sales party)
...reliving memories today about my Alaska adventure after college.
...making two meals out of one step ... browning hamburger meat last night and adding sauce to one half to make spaghetti and then adding ingredients to the other half to make stuffed peppers (baked tonight).
...fine tuning a recipe for my 2 pt (WW) pumpkin shake - the perfect 10am snack with a fall twist.
I've been wrestling with...
...thinking about opening up an Etsy store and wondering if my items would sell.
....being bored when I don't have a challenging project at work.
...figuring out how we could move to MN so that we could be close to and help out my grandma.
...how to be supportive of my friends with babies and understanding their new world.
...trying to be productive when I'm at home vs. having "down time".
...feeling like buying things although I have everything I need and more.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've been thinking about the year you were in AK too and how cool it would be to get together with you and Holly and Kelly! I also share your Etsy dilemma. I actually have a shop but it's now empty since listings do expire. I think I had better luck with a local store, people were willing to pay a little more in an actual shop than online with more options.
ReplyDeletePlease share the shake recipe! I don't technically do WW but I'd like to cook with more WW recipes. I too struggle with transitions and sometimes boredom at work--in fact, it just so happens I've found a new duvet cover and curtains online that I MUST HAVE. Even though I have perfectly good ones. That's how it works...
ReplyDeleteThe big question is - does moving to Minnesota make you closer to Iowa? You know what I mean :-)
ReplyDeleteAh, thanks for all of the comments! Sarah, AK memories are definitely good ones for me. And you and I had lots of quality creative time back in those days. Hmmm, so Etsy was not such a great thing for you...Are you going to be approaching local TX stores with your goodies? Katie, here's the recipe:
ReplyDelete-1 heaping + 1 flat scoop of GenSoy protein powder
-1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
-pumpkin pie spice to taste
- dash of salt
**blend until smooth
-add 3-4 icecubes...and then water to make it the right texture for you. Yum! I'd like to see pics of the "must have" new home items. Shopping (even dream shopping) seems to make things better. :)
Suzanne....I'm not sure what the answer is to you question. It seems like I would be closer but then again, Grandma Hanson lives way north...so it's hard to say.
Looking forward to your jewelry party!
ReplyDeleteSurprisingly, moving to Minnesota would put you further away from Suzanne. (by like 30 minutes). I know, it's crazy!